Saturday 24 December 2011

A Very Broken Footed Christmas to come

Well, the past few days have been a mixture of eventful and totally eventless. Isn't that what Christmas is all about? And we've not even had Christmas Day yet! Christmas with a broken foot is going to be as exciting as watching paint dry.

Thankfully, disinfecting the house seemed to work. Thankfully,  I did catch the sickness bug off Nick but had a very quiet few days because he was tired. My birthday was probably the biggest non-event of the year. We only left the house in the evening to go on a mega Asda shopping trip. I do have to say that going round Asda at 10 at night for Christmas shopping was really nice. It was quiet but the few people that were there seemed quite cheery. As I went round in my wheelchair, losing Nick somewhere in the wine section, people were really helpful. I don't normal have a problem with holding things but for some reason I appeared to keep dropping food in the aisles which left people to come to my rescue. Four different people came to help me and managed to refrain from talking on a clear, slow, loud voice. It felt really good and full of the Christmas spirit (as was our trolley).
We had my family round the other night for the postponed birthday meal, and friends round last night which made me feel really Christmassy. Lots of food and drink which was really lovely and great company that, for a short while, made me forget about about the Foot of Doom. However, once again, too much enjoyment does not please the Foot of Doom and it tries to find an evil way of getting back at me. This morning I woke up absolutely exhausted and good foot found it difficult to move yesterday. That just led to me getting fed up to the back teeth. To be honest I find Christmas itself quite depressing and this year it feel worse. Sitting watching more T.V. today had me in tears. I've read the book and seen the film so I know what happens but watching Charlotte's Web made me cry like a baby when the spider died. I don't even like bleeding spiders. We then watched Nativity which is a comedy about a school nativity play. This obviously hit a nerve and had me sobbing into a tissue again!. I reckon I might need a good old dose of Eastenders to sort me out as it's so depressing it might make my life seem quite cheery!
Maybe laying on the sofa and drinking myself into oblivion whilst watching Eastenders is the answer! Mind you, isn't that what Christmas is all about?
I would like to wish a very cheery Christmas to all the peopl who have been good enough to take the time to read the rants of a mad woman. God Bless us everyone! That's what Tiny Tim said and although I'm not tiny or called Tim, I feel that under the present circumstances I think I can get away with it! Merry Christmas x

2 comments:

  1. Aw! Last year was my broken foot year - have no fear, it will get better! Talk nice to that Foot of Doom and call it something else - it might get ideas. Thanks for reading my story! Yours can only get better, and yes, tears are normal. As is drinking yourself into oblivion in front of the TV. Just remember that you will need to get to the loo at some point and that's not as much fun as it sounds with broken foot and all ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. Hope the cycling is going well. Wx

      Delete